Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finale


So Monday was my last hip hop class. Our instructor, Lois, told us that we could invite friends to come and watch us do a final performance. Lois had no idea what she had just done. I'm sure in her mind she thought we might invite a few friends. Little did she know that Caitlin and I would invite, oh, 50 people. Our little dance studio had never seen so many people in it at once. We had about 15 students come and cheer us on...along with a video camera. They were so excited to come and cheer us on...even bringing flowers! Not gonna lie, I had some butterflies. You're supposed to ham it up for an audience and in hip hop your supposed to make kinda serious faces. I found it rather hard to do that while my audience was only about 5 feet from where I was performing. Rather, I found myself laughing and smiling...and maybe screaming a few times! I'm glad I took the class...it took me beyond my comfort zone a little and I ended up having a lot of fun along the way. Enjoy the pics...the nice one of the girls...and then the guys came along as put on our best hip hop faces.

No comments: