Thursday, July 3, 2008

Woaahhh…We’re Half Way There…

Yesterday officially marked the half way mark of our summer in Burlington. And I’m realizing more and more the need to depend on Jesus. Without Jesus, no good thing will come from me. The need to be living a life that is centered around prayer. Not to say that I do that…I’m saying that I’m realizing how much more I need to live my life that way.

It’s been a great summer so far, but after some conversations with women this morning, I’m realizing that quite a few of us are thinking “Oh no, the summer is half way over and I haven’t accomplished things that I wanted to accomplish”. Rather than beat ourselves up, I encouraged each of us to remember that there are still so many things that God can accomplish in and through us. I want us to think through how we can finish strong. How can we encourage the people we mentor, how can we speak truth to them, how can we call them out to live a more holy life? And in the midst of pouring our lives out to others, how do we take time out of the busyness for our own hearts to meet Jesus?

I love Psalm 126:3 – “the Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy”. My prayer is that at the end of this summer we will be able to look back and be filled with tremendous joy over what Jesus has done.

No comments: