Sunday, July 13, 2008

My new favorite state??

This past weekend was team weekend…the team leaders each planned a weekend get-away for their team. This meant a free weekend for the staff team! It got to be the middle of last week and Caitlin and I realized we had nothing planned. I sent a quick email to our Divisional Leader (he oversees Nav ministries in at least 15 states..maybe more) and within 24 hours he set us up with a free place to stay! (People we had never met before let us use their house while they were away!) What an incredible gift! So, off to Maine we went!!! It certainly lived up to some of it’s slogans, like “vacationland” or “Maine…the way life should be.” They’re not kiddin! I’m not being at all dramatic when I say that it was the best weekend I’ve had in a really long time. I don’t think either one of us realized how much we needed a break. We went to multiple beaches, saw two lighthouses, shopped at outlets, got lobster, and saw breath taking views of the cliffs that line the ocean. We laughed and slept A LOT! I was reminded over and over again of God’s love for me. I thought a lot about Psalm 139:17-18: “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them, they outnumber the grains of sand!” This one’s a bit hard to grasp…especially after laying on the sand and realizing how much sand there was just in the few inches around me (not to mention all over my body). The other one that hit me was Song of Solomon 8:7: “Many waters cannot quench love…” I looked out over the ocean…water beyond what I could see…and was blown away by the fact that all of that water can’t put out God’s love for me. Do I really live like I believe that He loves me that much?

1 comment:

Maryn Forney said...

that lighthouse photos is awesome megan ; )