Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hip Hop Hooray.....


There’s something you should know about me…I LOVE to dance. I mean, really love to dance. If there is a dance floor, I’m on it. If there’s a beat, my leg is tappin. When there’s a dance, I’m out there the entire time…only breaking for water. Why am I sharing this? Well, it explains the fact that I’m taking a hip hop class this summer! My friend, Caitlin, and I are taking a class once a week. I’ve never done hip hop before and I’ve never taken a real dance class (well, ok, I did when I was in like kindergarten…a ballet class and I got to wear a cute little pink tutu) , so to be honest it freaked me out at first. It’s tons of fun and a great workout. We performed our dance on Saturday night at our Thrift Store formal (as a matter of fact, we practiced it so many times for the performance that by the time we got to class on Monday we had it down pretty good...so good in fact that the instructor had us re-teach it to the class!) This was the first dance performance I’ve done in, well like 12 years…which takes me back to my cheerleading days. Yep, I’m admitting that for all to see. So anyway…here are a few pics to prove the performance.

1 comment:

Leah said...

You Go, Fight, Win yourself to a Hip Hop Victory! Love the Pics. Love the cheerleading reference. Love you pursuing your dreams big and small. :-)