Sunday, June 29, 2008

Never a dull moment...

The weekend adventures continue. I neglected to write about last weekend. We had an adventurous time tubing down the White River in NH. What some thought would be a nice, serene drift ended up to be a wild time hitting rapids in deflating tubes that were meant for children! We got rained on pretty good and I ended up on a tube that was meant for two people…and somehow we managed to get 4 on it. I even managed to get myself stuck…I tried to get on it and instead fell inside of the tube…with my back down inside and in the water and my legs sticking out in a v formation. If we only had videos of the day…I’m quite sure we could win money with our footage. The day ended with a damper, however. We got back to the cars to find that somebody had broken into one of cars and stole at least $2,000 worth of the student’s belongings. I was so impressed with their attitudes about it. There were tears, but one of my friends was crying that her Bible and journal got stolen…her iPod, wallet, phone, backpack and clothes were stolen and yet she was crying about her Bible and journal. It was a great example for the rest of us.

This weekend was a little more relaxed…thank goodness! I was at the point of complete exhaustion. We had a Thrift Store formal last night. Each person went to a local Thrift Store and picked a ridiculous outfit to wear. A couple of the men’s teams made dinner for some of the women’s teams (they each have brother/sister teams). It was so fun to watch the guys go all out and enjoy blessing the woman! We danced for a good three hours! I went into the dance not really wanting to be around people. And left the dance completely energized! (being an extrovert is interesting like that!) I have one thing to say about this group: we can DANCE!! There were a few times where I just stood back and watched the students. I couldn’t help but smile as I watched them truly enjoy themselves and each other. It's amazing to see how much they have bonded with each other.

1 comment:

SueBobb said...

You're not kidding, "never a dull moment". Wow. We're praying for you Megan and MISS you tons. So excited about what God is doing in and through you.