Thursday, June 5, 2008

Beautiful

How do I put this week into words? So much has happened already. The wide range of emotions—from laughter to tears. A room filled with 50 students…students who could have internships, who could be making a lot of money this summer…and instead chose to spend a summer being intentional about their relationship with Jesus. I walked down the street with one of the women I’m meeting with and 50 yards in front of me there were two men from our program…going to do the same thing we were doing…taking time to talk about who Jesus is in their lives. I sat with a girl today…a girl I thought I knew well…and as I asked her lots of questions about who she is, I realized there is so much I don’t know about her. How fun to have the opportunity to get to know people…to enjoy the way God has created us each so differently!

It’s hard living in the dorms, but yet it’s amazing to have the opportunity to live with the students…the women can pop in when they need to talk. I just sat on my bed with a girl as through tears she told me “I just want to know Jesus”. What beautiful tears. What beautiful words.

I feel like I’m wrestling through a lot personally. Trying to sort through some things. We had an amazing speaker come this week and share about spending time with Jesus. He was brutally honest…which allowed me to be honest with myself. About where I am and where I want to be in my relationship with God. I don’t want to just see him do things in the hearts of those around me…I need to be transformed. As soon as I sort through some notes and thoughts, I’d love to share some of it with you. As I sat on a swing, overlooking Lake Champlain at sunset tonight (I took the picture above from my swing!), I read a Psalm that I love…Psalm 34. I love verse 4 & 5 and I usually stop there. But I read further tonight.

“The poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.”

I love it….an angel encamps around me…is stationed around me, fighting for me, protecting me…I’m not alone and can take refuge in Him. Praise God that I don’t have to fight for myself…He is a far greater warrior than I am.


1 comment:

Maryn Forney said...

miss you...and your thoughts...