Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Thousand Words



Rather than try and explain my week, I'll just let the pictures do the talking:

MONDAY:

We have a flare for drama and food. This is one of our food purchases for the day (we also hit the local grocery store)...it will feed 56 people for 3 days.

TUESDAY:

We had a huge thunderstorm on Tuesday night and the sunset afterwards was AMAZING. We had a workshop going on, but I ran upstairs to take this picture from my room. The entire sky was orange.

WEDNESDAY:

DAY OFF!! I had one of the most relaxing days since I've been here. A friend here in Burlington took my co-worker, Caitlin, and I on a hike and then to see an amazing mansion/farm. For those of you who know me well, you will be able picture this: I was pretty much giddy as we drove around the property. I had my car window down and pretty much just giggled and let out little yelps the entire time! The scenes seemed as if they were straight out of Pride and Prejudice.

FRI
DAY:


I spent the morning with Lorielle, one of the team leaders I meet with weekly. I took her to Shelborne Bay Park and we found a beautiful spot on a rock that overlooked the Bay.


I spent the afternoon at the beach. Emily was in my freshmen Bible Study this past year. We got to take a long walk as she shared what God has been teaching her. It's just so fun to see what God has done in her life in just a few short months.


SATURDAY:


I got back from dinner to this scene...a group of students enjoying rain. I'll put it in their words: "We're pretending like we are little kids again"!!

No comments: