Friday, June 27, 2008

Love So Amazing...

I should be in bed…but come on, first thing’s first…I had to share about my evening. I would have to say that it’s been my favorite night so far with the students. I got to be a substitute leader for one of the teams! Actually, I didn’t even lead…one of the team leaders is away and had one of the girls on her team take over for her. I had the privilege of just being there! This week we did a study on “Relationships and Community in the Body of Christ”. We looked at 1 Corinthians 13, 1 John 4 and 1 Corinthians 12. They all paint a beautiful picture of the perfect ways that Christ loves us and then how His love compels us to love those around us. Part of the discussion was about how this team of 5 women can better love each other. These women didn’t know each other at the beginning of the summer and yet are willing to be authentic and vulnerable with each other…4 weeks after meeting (three are from PSU, but didn’t know each other well). One of them volunteered to pray out loud for the group because it’s something that scares her, so she wanted to push herself. One of them shared about how she has never been herself in other Bible Studies, but wants to push past that here because she can trust people. I couldn’t help but smile as she finished her sentence: “It’s so freeing.”
I LOVE IT! God’s perfect love has the power to break every stronghold that keeps us from understanding His love for us individually and then extending that love to others. I love that I had the amazing opportunity it see first hand how the Gospel is changing the hearts of these women…they have no idea how much they inspire, challenge and encourage me!

No comments: