Monday, June 16, 2008

Movin and Shakin

Each Sunday night we have a "prayer and share"....a time where the students can reflect on the past week and share with everyone what they have seen God do. I love Sunday evenings because I love to see how God is moving in the lives of the students here...and using them in the lives of others. Here are a few highlights (I'll just use the student's first initial):

P: "On Friday night during our prayer walk around town, my group prayed that we would have the opportunity to talk to a homeless person. We got back to the dorm and right before we walked into the door, a homeless person approached us and asked us for food. We were able to go inside and get some food for them and then talk to them for a while. It was amazing to see God answer a prayer so quickly."

B: "One night I decided to go down to Church St (the main street in Burlington) and have a quiet time. I sat on a huge rock to read my Bible. A woman who had been drinking a lot approached me. She asked me what I was reading. I'm not used to sharing my faith, but I got the chance to talk to her a little bit about the Bible. It was cool to step out in faith and get to know her."

P: "Two years ago I had a major surgery and almost died. I've had a lot of health issues since then. Today, on the two year anniversary of my surgery, I climbed Mt. Mansfield! It is so amazing to see how God has worked in my life and helped give me the strength to climb a mountain rather than lie in a hospital bed."

P: "During our prayer walk in Burlington, we approached a man who was by himself. He was looking out over the lake and seemed to be in a contemplative mood. At first I didn't want to talk to him, but I knew God wanted me to. After talking to him for a while, he told us he was a Christian. He comes from a hard background and has a hard life. That evening before we met him, he had a disagreement with somebody from his Bible Study. He was going to go back out to the bars, but decided to first stop and think about things. While he was sitting there, we came to talk to him. He told us that he believes that God brought us to him to help him. We're looking forward to going and visiting with him and getting to know him more."

No comments: